"Developing Independent Life-Long Learners"
Taita Central School is a part open plan, contributing school located in a residential area of Taita, a suburb of Lower Hutt. The School population is representative of the range of different ethnicities in the local community. Ethnic composition is approximately 38% Maori, 28% Samoan, 13% Other Pacific Islands, 10% New Zealand European, 8% Asian and 3% Others.
At Taita Central School we are continually seeking to build an even stronger, united, teaching team. Our Staff are competent people who genuinely care for the children they teach. They show this by meeting the children’s needs and offering programmes and an environment where children’s learning and development in academic, physical, social and emotional areas are paramount. Teachers are always keeping in mind that our children need to be given skills to cope with the needs and stresses of an ever-changing world.
At Taita Central School, because we want children to learn and be safe, we:
· Walk in classrooms and around buildings
· Play ball games outside in approved areas
· Have specialized activities in nominated areas
· Solve problems peacefully by talking them through and listening to each other
· Call people by their proper name
· Ask permission of the owner before using their property
· Put rubbish in bins and clean up after ourselves
· Encourage people when they are trying
· Care for our environment.
· Get permission to leave the school grounds during school hours
· Are in the right place at the right time
· Speak politely to each other
· Follow school and classroom rules
· Take responsibility for our own actions
· Treat others as we would like them to treat us
· Do our best with school work and other activities
These Expectations have been summarised in our three School Rules:
· Show respect to people and property
· Listen carefully to instructions and follow them promptly
· Be in the right place at the right time.
Singing Christmas Carols at Aroha Care Centre for the Elderly
Kowhai Pirate Dress Up Day
33a Churton Crescent, Lower Hutt, 5011
Term 1: Mon 03 Feb – Fri 16 AprTerm 2: Mon 03 May – Fri 09 JulyTerm 3: Mon 26 Jul – Fri 01 OctTerm 4: Mon 18 Oct – Wed 15 Dec
Office Hours: 8.15am – 3.00pm Bell Times: 9.00 a.m. School Starts11.00 a.m. - 11.40 a.m. Morning Tea1.00 p.m. - 1.40 p.m. Lunch3.00 p.m. School finishes